PDA

View Full Version : SCV8 Jaguar At Autosport Show

Amanda
5th Jan 2004, 05:45 PM
SCV8 - Star of Autosport International

Monday 5 January 2004 - The Jaguar X-Type SCV8 in its new race livery will be in pole position as the Star of the Show at Autosport International (NEC, 8-11 January) when the all-new for 2004 Championship is unveiled to the world press at 9.30am on the Thursday (8 January) the official show media and trade day.

Remaining on the Autosport stage for the 4 days of the show, the 550bhp, V8, RWD Jaguar and the SCV8 team will be on hand to answer questions on the most exciting new championship to feature on British circuits for many years.

Four times BTCC Champion Andy Rouse and joint SCV8 series creator Pete Hall commented: ìThis is a fantastic position for SCV8 in its inaugural year. To be in pole position at Autosport's own show, an event that is established and recognised worldwide and sets the scene for the season ahead, is in deed a great honour and positions the SCV8 championship as an important part of British motorsport for 2004 and beyondî.

bramble
7th Jan 2004, 01:25 PM
I'm already a fan of this series, and I'll make sure I'm at Silverstone at the beginning of May to see the first round - although I'd like to see more than 12 cars on the grid!

Alan
13th Jan 2004, 01:02 PM
Better make that end of May bramble - 30/31st according to a calendar I have to hand.

Wouldn't want you turning up on the wrong day!!!:)

There is a good article about the cars (well the X-type anyway) in a mag called Track & Race Cars - worth a sneeky look in WHS if you get the chance.

The article does say that cars have been ordered by VLR, Team Dynamics and Team Varta.

Amanda
13th Jan 2004, 01:19 PM
I will be going to at least one round to see what this new championship is like. Only twelve cars on the grid sounds a little disappointing though.

bramble
13th Jan 2004, 06:30 PM
well according to their website, VLR, Team Dynamics, and Team Varta can built 4 cars each of Peugeot 407, Jaguar X-Type and Vauxhall Vectra respectively, although Autosport say the Honda shell will be making an appearance too.

Les
13th Jan 2004, 07:54 PM
I have to say I was very disappointed in the lack of info at Autosport show on the SCV8 - all I saw was the car :(

Amanda
13th Jan 2004, 07:59 PM
I saw the car and was given a leaflet with a bit of information about the series and the website address.

Alan
14th Jan 2004, 10:11 PM
Pic of the X-Type attached.

No drooling please!:)

Stuart
14th Jan 2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry Alan... just can't help myself. That is just gorgeous!!!
I'll be at Thruxton in April for the BTCC opener without question, but I'm extremely excited about this series as well.
Is there any danger of Andy Rouse racing one of these cars himself?

bramble
15th Jan 2004, 10:41 AM
these cars have excess power-to-grip, so watching a battle out of a corner should be quite exciting. :)

Croft fan
18th Jan 2004, 11:27 AM
Just seen the Artist Impression of the VLR Pug 407. It looks stunning and alot better than the Jag. The Jag does look stunning as well though. really looking forward to start of a brill new champ.

But have to admit, long live the BTCC.

Claire
11th Feb 2004, 04:59 PM
I have just read on another forum that the SCV8 Championship has been scrapped due to lack of take up!! Not the best of starts and what happens to the races that were going to support it. This isn't offical but the person posting seemed to know what they were talking about.

bramble
11th Feb 2004, 07:54 PM
thats a shocker!
i find it a little hard to believe though - millions has gone into developing it, would they really scrap it?

Les
11th Feb 2004, 09:43 PM
sad :(