PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to see a new BTCC game?

Taz1047
18th Mar 2014, 10:43 PM
Codemasters have teased a bit recently, and tonight (just now) someone tweeted they were filming at Donington.

Is there enough interest in touring cars to warrant a new game? It'd obviously please the fans but maybe not sell on a grand scale...

Thoughts?

spjames
18th Mar 2014, 11:11 PM
An ipad edition, something along the lines of 'real racing' would be good!!

Magic
19th Mar 2014, 12:04 AM
An ipad edition, something along the lines of 'real racing' would be good!!

Nooooooooo. That would be terrible.

Console and PC, something with wheel support. You can shove your fondleslabs where the sun don't shine. ;)

dan1990
24th Mar 2014, 11:48 AM
Im sure its already been mentioned here somewhere but iRacing have signed the Honda Civic and BMW 125i along with most of the tracks the BTCC visits, there was hint somewhere on the iRacing forum that they may have been looking into licensing more cars aswell, unless i misread it of course, not been able to find the post since. No idea as to when it will be out or whether there will be any kind of official series licensing etc though.

Would be nice to have a new official BTCC dedicated sim on console and PC though with wheel support, support package racing etc etc.

flatapex
31st Mar 2014, 09:06 PM
Im sure its already been mentioned here somewhere but iRacing have signed the Honda Civic and BMW 125i along with most of the tracks the BTCC visits, there was hint somewhere on the iRacing forum that they may have been looking into licensing more cars aswell, unless i misread it of course, not been able to find the post since. No idea as to when it will be out or whether there will be any kind of official series licensing etc though.

Would be nice to have a new official BTCC dedicated sim on console and PC though with wheel support, support package racing etc etc.

i'm massively into old-skool gaming (i own 9 old consoles and go to most retro gaming events round here) a mate of mine has been organising a petition to get codemasters to make a new one, and told me about this announcement, i doubt very much we will get it.

reasons:
1. a proper btcc sim has not been released since 1998- thats 16 years
2. a proper sim would need so many elements, such as tim harvey doing commentary, licensing a few dozen cars, possibly classic drivers? thats just for the btcc part
3. even in the toca games there were so many other cars, i think it was toca 2 you could race a single seater
4. a proper sim would have ginetta juniors, clios, porsche,

if i had my way it would be huge, rather than the toca race driver approach of travel the world and win everything, it would be 2 parts to the game. an arcade mode with classic content, race in the legendary seasons of the early 90s in something like a bmw, race against jack sears in the 60s

lewismrl
14th Apr 2014, 06:29 PM
I compete in a BTCC style league on Rfactor which is great fun, oddly attracts lot of German racers that think BTCC is far better than DTM :p Only downside is lack of NGTC spec looking cars though although we hope to fix that soon. Will make do with S2000 style for now.

The Honda Civic in Rfactor 2 is brilliant fun to drive though.

ljbmotors
17th Apr 2014, 09:36 PM
Whilst it will not be a full BTCC game, I believe the series will return to consoles in a TOCA Race Driver 3 style game... Probably called GRID 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmH9bldhmE

Listen to that first sound... Am I the only one who thinks NGTC???

matt-mtb
22nd Apr 2014, 03:26 PM
Even though GRID Autosport isn't a true touring car game, Im really excited for it. As people may know from playing Grid 2, the handling physics and lack of cockpit cams were a problem. According to Codemasters, the handling physics and career mode has been improved. Also there is a cockpit came.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

The game will be released at then end of June

Hazu
23rd Apr 2014, 10:53 AM
It's looking quite promising this time and though we will never see the likes of the toca games again this seems like the next best thing.Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan are said to have given input to it too, that can only be a good thing, perhaps a potential civic in the game? At least 3 tourers are in the video with the Focus, Cruze and BMW 320.

ManorBARC
26th Apr 2014, 05:25 PM
Well Grid Autosport and Project Drive both won't be including a full BTCC championship as craved by everyone on here.

So waiting at least another year or two before the next round of racing games come out.

re1axin mood
13th May 2014, 03:25 PM
Seems to be a few BTCC drivers building this up..

Maybe the BTCC championship will come as a in game add on later on

If you watch the video there is a lot of BTCC stars in it

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/discipline-focus-touring/

BTCCfanUSA
31st Jul 2014, 01:44 AM
Is there a BTCC mod for Assetto Corsa?

danfilm007
31st Jul 2014, 09:20 AM
Nope, but there isn't many for any of the older sims either, only properlly good one is the Supertouring mod for Race 07

BTCCfanUSA
1st Aug 2014, 04:38 AM
Thanks. I guess I will have to do with Race 07, then.

SendInTheToops
20th Aug 2014, 01:24 PM
Grid Autosport will soon have Silverstone and Donington Park - along with the 850 Estate.

BTCCfanUSA
21st Aug 2014, 12:15 AM
Good stuff, but even better would be a complete BTCC series. :D

cunningham85
8th Sep 2014, 08:16 PM
Project CARS is coming out in November and has a few touring cars in it with more potentially coming as DLC