PDA

View Full Version : Ralf to Toyota...

bramble
31st Mar 2004, 06:52 PM
...and he could be on £60m for 5 years work! Its all right for some! Not as much as his brother though.

Ed- the MG fan
1st Apr 2004, 10:59 AM
The best joke is that he will remain the second highest paid driver in F1 even though he dosent act or drives like the second best driver.

At lest this will get him out of a good drive at Williams which he never deserved

bramble
1st Apr 2004, 11:10 AM
its true he has never got the results that price deserves, and i expect a lot of that is due to his brother, but who knows? i'm sure Toyota know what they are doing.

kevin ritson
1st Apr 2004, 01:26 PM
Amazing what a name and a good manager can do for you. You only have to look at some of the drivers that either never made it or were spat out of the F1 machine after very little time.

To be honest, they'd be better off with Coulthard for the simple reason that he wins a race most seasons (like Ralf), he's not from the very top draw and therefore won't demand the championship (like Ralf) but he's a hard worker who promotes harmony within the team (which Ralf definitely isn't)

bramble
1st Apr 2004, 08:16 PM
Although Coulthard admitted that he will find it hard to give 100% if the car isnt up to scratch - which it isnt...

The Stig
1st Apr 2004, 08:53 PM
You say that. Isn't Patrick Head as driven as Ron Dennis ?
How long will these two tolerate scrabbling around for podiums
and place points ?? Expect both the Williams and Maclaren to improve as this season unfolds. DC or Button at Williams, both of whom know the team, might contend next year. Neither of these two are very top drawer, but neither, with the utmost respect, was Damon Hill.

Peter
2nd Apr 2004, 01:15 AM
This is a somewhat interesting turn up for the books. However, I'm not too inclined to believe every rumour- afterall he was on the verge of signing for Renault only a fortnight ago. Maybe this Toyota story is Willi Weber pretending that Ralf is worth the rumoured amount so he can use it as a weapon in his negotiations with Williams.

The Stig
3rd Apr 2004, 07:05 PM
Willi Weber is clearly trading on the surname. Schumacher junior, needs to take a leaf out of his elder brothers book. Every informed F1 commentator you care to mention suggests Michael is a dream to work with, unlike Ralf. I reckon Williams will have two new drivers next season, obviously JPM has signed elsewhere, and Ralf hardly endears himself to the team. Bring back Button, but who will be his team mate ?

touring fan
4th Apr 2004, 04:47 PM
Ralf to toyota? Should be Ralf to driving school after today.......

The Stig
4th Apr 2004, 05:15 PM
You're right there touring fan, particularly since he's already been
to charm school, not !!

kevin ritson
4th Apr 2004, 06:35 PM
I think Patrick Head's comments after the race said it all. I'd be amazed to see Ralf in a Williams next year.

Alsicole
4th Apr 2004, 08:24 PM
I don't think Frank & Patrick will put up with that kind of behaviour. BTW Ralf has now been given an official reprimand for his move on Sato. If you get 3 of those, it's a 1 race ban.

knight rider
9th Apr 2004, 07:26 PM
Its alledgadly confirmed now (according to the German press) Ralf Schumacher will drive for Toyota next season.

Good. Well done Willi Weber you took the Greedy Kraut out of Williams so someone greatful for a top drive can show what they can do.

I for one am surprised that Williams put up with him for so long Mansell and Hill never got their contract demands and they won world championships!

Webber and Dixon for Williams next season

kevin ritson
10th Apr 2004, 01:58 PM
Well, that'll put Toyota's progress back a few years. Not only will they have to spend loads of the budget on salary, they'll lose even more on anger management courses:D