PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst Live On TV?

Amanda
29th Sep 2004, 12:23 PM
Does anyone know if Bathurst is being shown live on TV? I have tried looking on the Motors, Eurosport and Channel 5 websites without any luck.

Peter
29th Sep 2004, 12:27 PM
It has been live on Motors for the past two years running, so I imagine it is this year too.

wvm
29th Sep 2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Peter
It has been live on Motors for the past two years running, so I imagine it is this year too.

Not this year. There's been a contractual dispute between Motors and the new TV distribution people in Australia, which has led to a blackout of Australian motorsport for the last three months.

Motors have said they are trying to resolve the issue but last week admitted they wouldn't find a solution in time for Bathurst.

Peter
30th Sep 2004, 12:45 AM
Great. :o Once again the fans lose out over something needless and lets face it, no one gains anything out of it.

John
30th Sep 2004, 09:19 PM
whats the format these days?

and any BTCC drivers in?

Amanda
1st Oct 2004, 08:21 AM
Jason is racing which is why I wanted to know about the TV coverage!

Toto
8th Oct 2004, 09:36 AM
Muller, Cleland and Menu are also entered.

Muller is entered in two cars, number 88 and number 888 (each with the same four-man team).

Friday qualifying
88 was 22nd fastest with Max Wilson setting the time.
888 car was 17th fastest with Dean canto setting the time
Radisich is the other driver

Cleland is in cars 21 and 12, sharing with Andrew Jones, Brad Jones and John Bow.

Car 21 was 15th fastest (A Jones) and car 12 8th fastest (Bowe)

Menu is cars 5 & 6, sharing with Adam Macrow, Glenn Seton and Craig Lowndes
Car 6 was 4th fastest (Lowndes) but car 5 last with no time (Seton). Don't know what happened.

Plato is in car 05 with Peter Brock who qualified the car 26th fastest.

Thus, only Menu's number 6 car out of that lot will go through to Saturday's top ten shoot-out (I guess with Lowndes driving).

A great shame it's not on TV over here.

Le Mans
11th Oct 2004, 03:22 PM
Plato and Cleland didn't last very long, anyone know what happened?

cos
11th Oct 2004, 08:58 PM
Plato had a damaged tyre and was trying to make it back to the pits off the racing line when he was collected by Cleland... not quite as bad luck as the Richards' #11 Holden Commodore which hit a kangaroo (with rather nasty consequences) during the race :eek:

Le Mans
12th Oct 2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks Cos. A long way to go and a very expensive few laps for them both. Bet they didn't enjoy a few tinnies together after that.

bramble
12th Oct 2004, 07:14 PM
Is there anywhere I can read a race report?

Peter
17th Oct 2004, 09:15 PM
Decent amount of coverage in Autosport. I see that JP and JC are no longer the best of buddies!! ;)

Le Mans
18th Oct 2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Peter
Decent amount of coverage in Autosport. I see that JP and JC are no longer the best of buddies!! ;)

JC says that JP was on the racing line at the fastest part of the circuit (190+kph) doing 40kph! JP was fined $10,000. I bet Peter Brock was none too happy either, he was sharing the car with Plato and didn't get to race at all.

John
18th Oct 2004, 06:27 PM
Brock didnt seem too bad on Speed Sunday..... hmmmm putting on a brave face for the cameras maybe?!

Nice to see JP got a suitable amount of stick for 3 spins and a hige accident! Shame no interview with Cleland though!! And might have been even funnier had it been Muller instead of Cleland - would certainly have spiced up BTCC 05!