PDA

View Full Version : itv f1 is back (and so am i)

Claw
1st Mar 2003, 11:38 AM
For the F1 fans on this board, there is an F1 preview programme on tomorrow at, 2.30.

The programme is hour and 5 minutes long. At last, motorsport gets a programme (outside of the GP) that's an hour long, and not some pokey 30 minute programme shoved inbetween 2 black and white sunday afternoon films!

:)

John
1st Mar 2003, 01:39 PM
Dont speak too soon, theres still time to cancel/postpone it in favour of something else!!

Or it could be an hour of Beverly Turner shopping or cooking like most F1 build ups contain!!

Should be good though! Especially as theres a lot of questions/opinions raised by the new rules and formats! :)

speedy king
1st Mar 2003, 10:22 PM
Whats wrong with watching Beverley Turner for an hour and a bit.......

The Stig
1st Mar 2003, 10:32 PM
Speedy King has a point, watching 65 minutes of Beverley Turner doing anything is probably time well spent. Not being funny though, most motorsport and F1 fans in particular aren't casual and won't need this years new rules explained in a longer and better than average preview programme.

John
2nd Mar 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by The Stig
Speedy King has a point, watching 65 minutes of Beverley Turner doing anything is probably time well spent.

True theres a place for the token totty, but as was seen in 2001 a nice looking pit reporter / interviewer is no match for a proper experienced journalist!

Rob
2nd Mar 2003, 02:48 PM
so f1 is back to itv.....

well it was...

we have an ad break after 9 minutes.

speedy king
2nd Mar 2003, 04:32 PM
They can't get rid of Beverley...............

John
2nd Mar 2003, 06:54 PM
Thought the programme was quite good. Some good names on the live debate, and whats more they didnt spend an hour saying how good they / their team are/is. Alot of people might have gone on and slagged off the competition or said they were going to do really well this year but the ones who were on were very objective and raised some very interesting points.

Also I see there is a lot of coverage next week, with live qualifying on Friday and Saturday so should be good!! :)

And they didnt even have that many ad breaks! Well done, hopefully C4 will take a leaf out of their book - especially concerning the timing of the programme!! - and apply it to the WRC!!

PS nice quote by DC about Irvine!! Get the impression they dont/didnt get on?!! :p

Ann
2nd Mar 2003, 08:53 PM
Pretty good programme - more interesting than their usual "this is a car" "these are the drivers" pre season fare.

Could be slightly biased as my favourite ex GP driver (Mr Brundle) and my favourite current one (DC) were involved!

Les
2nd Mar 2003, 09:36 PM
I fell asleep half way through as it was so rivetting...

Alan
2nd Mar 2003, 10:37 PM
I can't help getting the feeling that the changes in F1 are going to improve the racing/spectacle, which has got to be good for motor racing generally.

Glad they went through the changes so I could get it all straight in my mind.

I also have a suspicion that us supporters of the "lower" forms of racing should pay attention to what happens in the world of F1 as it could have a knock on. Perhaps a good year in F1 with good racing will encourage more people to get out and watch more accessible forms of motor racing ie BTCC, F3 or ASCAR!!!

John
2nd Mar 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Alan
Glad they went through the changes so I could get it all straight in my mind.

Have to say when they put the list of changes up I was thinking is that all!! There seemed to be so many changes during the last few months but to list them theres only 5 or 6.

But yeah agree with you Alan, hopefully they'll be successful and if ITV (or F1) think about it they can easily promote other forms of motorsport to new / returning viewers. Presumably BTCC is most likely as ITV have TV rights to it.

On a side (dont know if the ITV regions all showed the same ads today in the programme, but if not sure you've seen it somewhere else) the ad for the F1 suppliment in the Guardian tomorrow is quite amusing! :)

Alan
2nd Mar 2003, 10:50 PM
I seem to remember that last year BTCC followed F1 qualifying - will this happen again this year?

Also I guess ITV could perhaps be "persuaded" to advertise the BTCC in the gaps in the F1 coverage. Or is that just wishful thinking?

tvgod
3rd Mar 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Alan
I seem to remember that last year BTCC followed F1 qualifying - will this happen again this year?

Also I guess ITV could perhaps be "persuaded" to advertise the BTCC in the gaps in the F1 coverage. Or is that just wishful thinking?

BTCC will sometimes follow F1 Qualifying, as last year.
ITV do already promote touring cars coverage in the F1 programme when they are on the same weekend.

Kelvin
3rd Mar 2003, 03:29 PM
Les, I fell asleep too!

Kelv.

Peter
3rd Mar 2003, 05:53 PM
I agree with the majority of comments. The show was a huge improvement on the last few years.

I was expected a dumbed down programme with Beverly Turner going clothes shopping. Thus, for me, it was a pleasant surprise that the show was devoted to the action. I also enjoyed the debate. It was also somewhat of a relief that they did not waste too much time, speaking about Schumacher and Ferrari greatness.

Full marks to ITV:)

Peter
3rd Mar 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by tvgod
BTCC will sometimes follow F1 Qualifying, as last year.
ITV do already promote touring cars coverage in the F1 programme when they are on the same weekend.

N.B. Quaifying starts and ends an hour later this year. Thus I doubt we will see as many BTCC races following immediately after the F1. I would not be surprised to see a couple of races shown before Qualifying.