Thread: Toca Race Driver

Toca Race Driver

Some people seem to forget that the BTCC was represented on this game. I've just started playing it again and what are peoples thoughts on it. I think it's awful.

For starters the story-line is complete nonsence, oh the Americans have made the villain a Brit! and the character you play is totaly unlikeable.
    Playing it today and I had a bump with Muller and my engineer told me he would be hunting me down after the race. So he did, and Muller turned into a hick from the deep south. Then my character called James Thompson a freak. Don't call James a freak! And lastly Ryan McKane basically calls the Lexus a heap of junk.

I'm surprised the BTCC teams and drivers wanted to be represented on this god awful game.
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Playing it today and I had a bump with Muller and my engineer told me he would be hunting me down after the race. So he did, and Muller turned into a hick from the deep south.
    Funny, that's what happened when I hit Reidy. He swore at me in a Texan accent.
    Erkut Kizilirmak Fan #1

islington in london and weekends bromley in kent about 20 mins from brands hatch :)

toca race driver

lol you think that was a bad game did you ever try the sega saturn game link below

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqg...iew_videogames

As I recall the ending sequence consisted on the bad guy in the trunk of a car being sent off to be crushed? Nice light tone for a "pro" racing game to finish on!
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."

Quote Originally Posted by F50Kid View Post
    As I recall the ending sequence consisted on the bad guy in the trunk of a car being sent off to be crushed? Nice light tone for a "pro" racing game to finish on!

I cheated and watched all the inserts on youtube.

But yes, the typical British villain basically murdered (that's the American way) by the unlikeable Ryan McKanes team. Now i've seen that, I refused to complete the game and see the Americans win.
    "Apparently David Bartrum was painting the garage wall during race 1 and by the end it was dry..." - Tim Harvey, Oulton Park 2014

I can't remember that bit. I remember beating the old Texan guy (who reminded me of Richard Petty) in a 2 car shootout and then it playing Thin Lizzy 'Cowboy Song' as the titles rolled.
    Erkut Kizilirmak Fan #1

never mind that you were able to go on the grass and gravel as quick as on the tarmack, admit to having fun at knockie in it, banger racing and going WD. it si fun dont take it seriously
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Reidy_fan View Post
    never mind that you were able to go on the grass and gravel as quick as on the tarmack

Not everywhere. Try putting 2 wheels on the grass on the inside of Priory or Brooklands (the left handers before Luffield) at Silverstone. It stops the car almost to a dead halt!

I remember managing to roll my car Knockhill on that game too. I say roll it, it went on it's side for a few seconds whilst the game decided how to apply gravity, slowly went onto it's roof at which point all of the doors, bonnet and boot came off and all of the glass shattered and then the game self-righted the car.

...I still managed to win the race. Think my car would've failed the post-race weight checks though

But yeah, the racing was fun but the storyline was a steaming pile of ar*e
    David Leslie, Silverstone 1997: "This is David, Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed..."