Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Support Race news 2016

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    487
    Current confirmed driver numbers are:

    Clio Cup: 20
    MSA Formula: 15
    Ginetta Juniors: 16
    Porsche CCGB: 23
    Ginetta Supercup: 9

    Plenty to still be announced across the series as well.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    487
    ENTRY LIST: 2016 Renault UK Clio Cup

    No. Driver (NAT), Hometown, Team
    1. Mike Bushell (GBR), Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Team Pyro
    3. Ollie Pidgley (GBR), Salisbury, Wilts, Ciceley Motorsport
    7. Sam Watkins (GBR), Swansea, Glamorgan, 20Ten Racing
    8. Luke Kidsley (GBR), Duston, Northants, JamSport Racing
    10. Ant Whorton-Eales (GBR), Lichfield, Staffs, JamSport with AWE Motorsport
    11. Anton Spires (GBR), Buckingham, PP Motorsport
    13. Rory Collingbourne (GBR), Newport, Gwent, Team Cooksport
    20. Paul Plant (GBR), Copthorne, West Sussex, Vanquish Motorsport with WDE
    22. Paul Rivett (GBR), Epsom Downs, Surrey, WDE Motorsport
    23. Charles Ladell (GBR), Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, WDE Motorsport
    24. George Jackson (GBR), Bedford, Team Cooksport
    26. Paul Streather (GBR), Hinckley, Leics, Finesse Motorsport/Paul Streather
    28. Josh Price (GBR), Redbourn, Herts, Team Pyro
    32. Daniel Rowbottom (GBR), Kidderminster, Worcs, Team EcoMotive with DRM
    44. David Dickenson (IRL), Wicklow, Co Wicklow, Team Pyro
    45. Dan Zelos (GBR), Dereham, Norfolk, Ciceley Motorsport
    46. Lee Pattison (GBR), Scholes, West Yorkshire, Team Cooksport
    50. Graham Field (GBR), Southwell, Notts, JamSport Racing
    55. Tom Butler (GBR), Derby, 20Ten Racing
    63. Rory Green (GBR), Hildenborough, Kent, WDE Motorsport
    66. Senna Proctor (GBR), Driffield, East Riding of Yorks, Team BMR with Pyro
    71. Max Coates (GBR), Scorton, North Yorkshire, Ciceley Motorsport
    99. Darren Johnson (GBR), Kidderminster, Worcs, Team Pyro

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    290
    Is MSA Formula being renamed to FIA F4?

    Would have made sense with BRDC F4 becoming British F3.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by btcc1721 View Post
    Is MSA Formula being renamed to FIA F4?

    Would have made sense with BRDC F4 becoming British F3.
    I'd hope to see it named "FIA British Formula 4" .... But considering they've renamed it to "Ford MSA Formula" this year, I imagine Ford and MSA would want their names in their somewhere.

    "FIA MSA Ford British Formula 4" just doesn't work though sadly.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55
    That's a really competitive looking Clio Cup grid, and it could yet be bigger still - JamSport previously announced two more drivers in Tom Grundy and Scott Robertson (runner-up in the Fiesta championship in 2015), while Jake Giddings might also be in with Finesse after going third quickest in the media day test.

    In fact, all the support series look pretty solid in terms of entries - I was concerned about the Ginetta Supercup in particular, but even they seem to have put together a reasonable sized grid - as it stands:

    Ginetta Juniors - 23
    Ginetta GT4 Supercup - 18
    Porsche Carrera Cup - 20
    MSA Formula - 20
    Renault Clio Cup - 23

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by motormouth_33 View Post
    That's a really competitive looking Clio Cup grid, and it could yet be bigger still - JamSport previously announced two more drivers in Tom Grundy and Scott Robertson (runner-up in the Fiesta championship in 2015), while Jake Giddings might also be in with Finesse after going third quickest in the media day test.

    In fact, all the support series look pretty solid in terms of entries - I was concerned about the Ginetta Supercup in particular, but even they seem to have put together a reasonable sized grid - as it stands:

    Ginetta Juniors - 23
    Ginetta GT4 Supercup - 18
    Porsche Carrera Cup - 20
    MSA Formula - 20
    Renault Clio Cup - 23
    Giddings is racing British GT again this year and was merely testing a car for the family team.

    Grid numbers wise, Juniors are at 22 and Porsche at 25.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by ManorBARC View Post
    Giddings is racing British GT again this year and was merely testing a car for the family team.

    Grid numbers wise, Juniors are at 22 and Porsche at 25.
    Ah OK - I'm don't follow British GT, so wouldn't have picked up on that - probably just reading too much into the press release (as usual!) where they said he had unfinished business in the Clios

    You might be right on the Juniors - think I read somewhere that one of the entries was only doing selected rounds, so it may well be 22 - but couldn't find an official list for the Porsches, so (perhaps unwisely) based that figure on the amount of drivers listed on Wikipedia...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by motormouth_33 View Post
    but couldn't find an official list for the Porsches, so (perhaps unwisely) based that figure on the amount of drivers listed on Wikipedia...
    There was one doing the rounds following media day, but can't remember where I saw it. Had 25 names on mind, with the likes of Zamparelli and Baxster on there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •