Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: 2017 News, updates & rumours

The Turkington saga...

"When the boss of the team isn't really the boss, there isn't too much you can do"...

That was pretty much what was said on the Autosport stage by Mr Turkington on Saturday. The Honda boys were mocking him and they tongue in cheek pretty much confirmed he was fired.

There is a really really murky situation there that nobody here will know about. It is as simple as that. It is probably best if we all stop speculating and just hope that one day, we find out the truth.
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Controversial originality since 1990

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    "When the boss of the team isn't really the boss, there isn't too much you can do"...

That was pretty much what was said on the Autosport stage by Mr Turkington on Saturday. The Honda boys were mocking him and they tongue in cheek pretty much confirmed he was fired.

There is a really really murky situation there that nobody here will know about. It is as simple as that. It is probably best if we all stop speculating and just hope that one day, we find out the truth.

What !!! That is the biggest load I've ever heard !!

I was there, Turkington did NOT say "When the boss of the team isn't really the boss, there isn't too much you can do" if fact nothing like it in any shape or form was mentioned. Why make up such lies !!

Matt and Flash, including Jordan were not mocking him at all, they were laughing and teasing because he was being 'tight lipped' about already having a possible drive with WSR and wanted to know any gossip, It was all pure banter and 'tough in cheek' humour for the audience, of which we all enjoyed.

Drivers change Teams all the time, so what is so surprising about Turkington leaving BMR to go back to his favourite Team, WSR.

Why does there have to be a murky situation, I don't believe you'd want to hear the truth if it hit you in the face !!!

The only "murky" situation about all this is your post. Why make a fool of yourself do you not think other Forum Members will not go on u-tube to check it out !!

Opinions and speculation are one thing but unsubstantiated lies are another.
    JP Fan

Let's all calm down....

we've already seen what happens when threads get shouty and personal.

The only people who know what happened between the BMR and Colin are funnily enough BMR and Colin. I'm as disappointed as anyone that he won't be going back as he is an amazing driver and the Scooby has the potential to be the best car in the field in 2017.

But it's not going to happen and we can only hope that he goes back to WSR as good seats are disappearing fast.

JP and CT are amongst the best drivers in the series and I look forward to them doing battle without having to consider the fact that they are team mates.

Oh Dear Jake.........

Wonder what NeilDown's stance is on this?

Awesome Dude....

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    What !!! That is the biggest load I've ever heard !!

I was there, Turkington did NOT say "When the boss of the team isn't really the boss, there isn't too much you can do" if fact nothing like it in any shape or form was mentioned. Why make up such lies !!

Matt and Flash, including Jordan were not mocking him at all, they were laughing and teasing because he was being 'tight lipped' about already having a possible drive with WSR and wanted to know any gossip, It was all pure banter and 'tough in cheek' humour for the audience, of which we all enjoyed.

Drivers change Teams all the time, so what is so surprising about Turkington leaving BMR to go back to his favourite Team, WSR.

Why does there have to be a murky situation, I don't believe you'd want to hear the truth if it hit you in the face !!!

The only "murky" situation about all this is your post. Why make a fool of yourself do you not think other Forum Members will not go on u-tube to check it out !!

Opinions and speculation are one thing but unsubstantiated lies are another.
    Sit down, there is no need to cry. What I said was "pretty much" what was said. Now how I interpreted the body language and the terminology on there may be different to you, but to call them lies... Do you know the truth? Are you an insider? Hang on, are you Warren Scott, Jason Plato and Colin Turkington?!

Thought not. Calm yourself down. I haven't made a fool of myself, I have interpreted what was said on stage in my own way to created my own view on it, as everyone on a forum and in the public eye does.

I may have missed something, unfortunately for me I had the missus with me and she likes a chat and a question, so if I have, then I hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. I haven't yet been back over the interview on YouTube, but as you are so up in arms about it I may just have to so that I can be sure in the knowledge you aren't going to go on a killing spree.
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Quote Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
    Sit down, there is no need to cry. What I said was "pretty much" what was said. Now how I interpreted the body language and the terminology on there may be different to you, but to call them lies... Do you know the truth? Are you an insider? Hang on, are you Warren Scott, Jason Plato and Colin Turkington?!

Thought not. Calm yourself down. I haven't made a fool of myself, I have interpreted what was said on stage in my own way to created my own view on it, as everyone on a forum and in the public eye does.

I may have missed something, unfortunately for me I had the missus with me and she likes a chat and a question, so if I have, then I hold my hands up and say I got it wrong. I haven't yet been back over the interview on YouTube, but as you are so up in arms about it I may just have to so that I can be sure in the knowledge you aren't going to go on a killing spree.
    Even if it was not Said at ASI i read the situation exactly the same way as you pagey318 with some inference to this sitaution in some of the stuff that was said in both his main stage interviews and interviews after the news broke on the Dunlop BTCC stand
    "if in doubt flat out" Colin McRae

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcND....be&t=1h50m00s

Start around 1h 50m

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

I know what I take from that!!!!!!!!
    Awesome Dude....

Quote Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
    Thanks 'Redshoes'

A few words omitted and added can definitely change the inference of a statement.

Quote "The Team Boss not really the Team Boss as he's driving as well"
    JP Fan

Warren Scott was driving (or at least trying to).

What I take from that is that if they were not at BMR and they were say for example at WSR then calls on driving would come from someone with the Gravitas of Dick Bennett.

But when the Team Boss is too busy driving another car then the person who has to make that call may not be as respected as the actual team boss and the drivers may be less inclined to comply.

I don't see this as anyone saying that JP is running the team, but maybe I'm the one who is totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by daviephd View Post

I don't see this as anyone saying that JP is running the team, but maybe I'm the one who is totally wrong.
    This was the point I was trying to make in my second post. We will all have different interpretations of it, which I thought would be OK on a public forum until Jake had a breakdown!
    Facebook - Darrell Page
    Twitter - @darrellapage

Excellent Stuff

I totally get it when people are fans of one driver, team or another. I always thought that motorsport fans were above being "haters" of any other participant (unlike football). I always thought that Motorsport fans were better than that and I hope I am right.

For my money JP, Turks and Shedden are the best drivers in the series right now and we need them to stay, not only for the racing but for the fans they draw to the sport.

None of these three are my favourite driver (despite being Scottish it ain't Shedden) but I don't wish any other driver ill will.

Whenever I watch a BTCC event, whether at a circuit or on telly I don't go away from it annoyed if my favourite has lost, as it is usually obvious why they have lost and I can appreciate having watched a good event.

Let's not hate on drivers and teams just because they are not our favourites, let's show football fans the way to appreciate our chosen sport and be grown up about it.

We can begin by being nice to each other on here - debate is great but let's respect each other, and the teams and drivers who provide us with the best touring car race series in the world
    Last edited by daviephd; Today at 07:49 PM.

Forums are meant for debate and opinions, unfortunately some people think theirs is the only one that counts. So I laugh and move on when it gets serious or stroppy, wait until they season starts and the real emotions erupt.

Quote Originally Posted by mj 446 View Post
    Forums are meant for debate and opinions, unfortunately some people think theirs is the only one that counts. So I laugh and move on when it gets serious or stroppy, wait until they season starts and the real emotions erupt.
    I know, and they are all wrong! Mine is the only one that counts!