Thread: 2019 Calendar

2019 Calendar

http://www.btcc.net/2018/06/12/2019-...dar-announced/

With next years schedule released, and the reveal that Thruxton will be getting two rounds amid a general reshuffle as well as Rockingham unsuprisingly being dropped, what are peoples thoughts?

Personally, I'm quite gutted to see Rockingham dropping off the calendar.

I understand why it has - and my disappointment is probably more aimed at the general state of affairs around that venue as a whole, but gutted none the less - its a great track.

Personally, woulda rather seen Donington getting another round rather than Thruxton - or to totally mix things up a bit, maybe reverse direction at Knockhill might have been a shout. But Thruxton? Meh.

Whilst im glad in a way, Thruxton and Brands are tied for closest to me, it does seem like an odd choice to make. You would have thought that they would try to replace it with something equally accessible for Rockingham regulars, or at least something with an alternate configuration to what is normally used. I suspect the major deciding factor was which circuits have empty weekends in their racing schedule.

the boss has already said he wont run knockhill in reverse direction due to the concept of 32 touring cars arriving at a hairpin at well over 100mph from a start, not happy the round is in september as weather can be crap
    Knockhill marshal and proud
    opinions expressed are my own and not those of any organisations i am connected with

"A fresh look"?!? Errrrm not at all, brands starting and finishing the season (yawn) with most of the other events in their usual spot except rockingham.
    I love btcc but as i've said on several other posts during the years the calendar and race choice is unbelievably boring now.. the snetterton 1 hour race is the most exciting thing that's happened in far too many years. I understand the thinking so all the staff/tracks have stability but brands having both dominant placings was never fair and even more so now as it's the same every year.

I'll be going to rockingham again this year even though i now live over 300 miles from it.. it'll be a huge shame for it to be missed next year, i really hope it's back after that.

Quote Originally Posted by prm666 View Post
    "A fresh look"?!? Errrrm not at all, brands starting and finishing the season (yawn) with most of the other events in their usual spot except rockingham.
    I love btcc but as i've said on several other posts during the years the calendar and race choice is unbelievably boring now.. the snetterton 1 hour race is the most exciting thing that's happened in far too many years. I understand the thinking so all the staff/tracks have stability but brands having both dominant placings was never fair and even more so now as it's the same every year.

I'll be going to rockingham again this year even though i now live over 300 miles from it.. it'll be a huge shame for it to be missed next year, i really hope it's back after that.
    Playing a bit of Devils advocate, one could say that Brands is actually two different tracks, Indy and GP whereas with the other tracks it probably would be the same layout each time. Yes, I know Silverstone et al have options but we don't know what the cost implications are. It would be wonderful if there was another circuit available but ... there ain't.

I like Rockingham and hopefully the wording based on "Rockingham not included, as the possible impending sale of the facility didnít provide TOCA with sufficient clarity at the time of finalising the calendar." possibly implies there's hope for 2020 onwards.

P
    I'm terrified of dying because I'm having a jolly good time down here.

James Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by prm666 View Post

Have said this for a long time now - the 'fixed' ordering of the rounds has long been a bugbear of mine. Has never seemed fair to me that brands are guaranteed both the opening and closing rounds every single year.

Either make the fixture list totally random, or work it on a rotational basis each year so that everyone (eventually) gets a shot of hosting an opener or closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Either make the fixture list totally random, or work it on a rotational basis each year so that everyone (eventually) gets a shot of hosting an opener or closer.
    A simple (and totally understandable) aim, were it not for the fact that all these circuits have other race series' to accommodate in their schedules, and they may well want to have the same weekend each year.

On the subject of Rockingham incidentally, as much as i hate the covered main grandstand, i was considering going this year (and even more so in light of this announcement) until i noticed that they are charging extra for what is, effectively, the ONLY place you can watch the racing from. They have lost yet another punter who was willing to support them.